Sunday, September 5, 2010

Summer sum-up

Wow!  Where did the summer go?  I had big plans to document everything we did this summer;  I even took lots of great videos.  But I never got around to writing about it, did I?  So here are some of the highlights:

June was a very busy month.  Clark went to Boundry Waters in Minnesota for a week of canoeing and fishing with his brothers.  He took Sadie with him and dropped her off at the Paul's house in Duluth, where she spent a week with her friend Amelia, who she hasn't seen since we moved to Utah.
Clark, Adam, John and Kimble at Boundry Waters, MN


















 Later, we enjoyed a visit from Uncle Kimble, Aunt Ralane and the Callahan cousins from Texas - Whitney, Preston, Mason and Ashley.
Ira, Mason, Brennan and Preston on the trampoline













Ashley swinging around the pole on our back patio











Whitney and Sadie composing a song on the piano













On July 4th, Jake marched in the Freedom Festival parade with the Timpview High School band. 













Ira and Brennan attended their cousin Nick's 6th birthday party, where they played lots of games, ate cake, and searched for pirate treasure.

Uncle Brett oversees the games at Nick's birthday party



 









Later in July, Clark and Jake went on a three day hike to King's Peak for their annual High Adventure Scouting trip.  King's Peak is the highest peak in Utah.  They came back sunburnt, filthy, exhausted and happy.  Jake's only complaint about the trip was that it wasn't long enough!
Clark, Jake, Derek and Neal enjoy the summit at King's Peak





 










We also went to Seven Peaks water park twice and had a great time.  I couldn't get a picture of Jake and Ira because they wouldn't stand still long enough, but I got Sadie and her friend McKenna on the toadstools and Brennan in the wave pool.

So there it is.  Our summer sum-up.  It was long, it was hot, and at the very end it was pretty boring.  Around mid-August, I think the kids were secretly looking forward to school starting.  But up until then,  we made the most of it. 

No comments: