Saturday, March 22, 2008

BYU here we come!

It's official! We are bound for Provo, Utah. Last Tuesday BYU called and offered Clark the teaching position that we were so hoping for. I could hardly contain myself while he was on the phone and as soon as he hung up I started jumping around the room, screaming. Poor Clark, he married a loony. Our families are very excited for us. My parents, my sister, and Clark's sister and brother all live in Utah right now. After 13 years of living in far off places, we finally get to have that extended family experience. The job at BYU is amazing - better salary, better benefits, better retirement plan, and many other perks. Spouses receive free tuition, children half-price. The theatre department has a directing/playwriting emphasis in their bachelor's degree program. I am there! I am looking forward to living somewhere with more people and more to do in general. Yay for skiing! The kids are a little sad, especially Jake and Sadie. We have lived in South Dakota for four years; that is a long time at their age. They will be leaving behind some good friends. But they are getting used to the idea and seem to be getting excited about it. Now we just have to finish all of our remodeling projects, get our house ready to sell, pack and move - all in two months! We've done it before, so I suppose we can do it again:)

2 comments:

christine said...

Congratulations!! I've been waiting for you to post this. Sara told me a few days ago.

sarah said...

did i tell you that i'm so excited for you to move to utah? even the boys are looking forward to playing with their cousins. we'll get to hang out WHENEVER we want. geez, i hope we don't get sick of each other...