
The older I get, the more I begin to realize that blessings come in all sorts of ways. Often I don't recognize them until after the fact, but lately I've been fortunate to see some of the things in my life that didn't seem to be working out, but in fact, are working out better than I expected. Due to some beaurocratic issues at the University(long story), I was forced to take the semester off this spring. I was, of course, frustrated and extremely disappointed. I have been working so hard, and this is a real setback for me. But after my initial disappointment passed, I felt an overwhelming sense of calm that it was for the best and that everything would work out. And as the new semester has begun without me, I am surprised at how relieved and grateful I am that I'm not taking any classes right now. I have been able to put a lot of time and energy into making improvements on our house(something that has been bothering me for a while), my church responsibilities, and spend more time with Clark and the kids. After the crazy schedule of the last year and a half, we have desperately needed this family time. I hope that I am learning to better trust the Lord that He will take care of me and my family and will steer us in the right direction, even when we can't see it.
Other blessings: Jake turned 12 and was ordained as a deacon. He passed the Sacrament in church for the first time this past Sunday. Very proud moment for Mom and Dad. He is such a great kid. He has now moved into the Young Men's program and is having a great time. They all went tubing this week and he came back red-cheeked and very happy. My other kids are also wonderful and unique and healthy. I'm married to a great man who loves me and the kids and works very hard to take good care of us. I have so many other great things to be thankful for in my life, but I don't have the room to list them all. Life is good.
1 comment:
oh, such a nice entry. you do have many blessings, it's great to focus on them.
Post a Comment