Sometimes I wonder if I have some sort of strange compulsion to keep my life as chaotic as possible. Self-sabotage, maybe? The other day, on impulse, I brought home a puppy. I knew at the time that it was a bad idea. But I couldn't help thinking about the look on the kids' faces when they saw that little puppy and realized it was ours. That was what drove me to it, to be perfectly honest. I knew that I would be the "best mom in the whole wide world", at least for a that one moment. And it happened just the way I pictured it. The kids were squealing with delight and jumping around. Their little faces glowed with joy. I was, truly, the best mom in the whole wide world. Clark, of course, was not quite so thrilled. And I don't blame him. I did, after all, do this without discussing it with him first. That's okay, though, because I am paying for it one-hundred fold when I clean up dog poop all day and have to get up in the middle of the night to take her out to go to the bathroom. I'm the one in charge of all training and care of the dog. But even with all the work and hassle, we love our little puppy very much. She is a mix of a black lab and maybe a rottweiler(we're not sure about the dad) and her name is Junie. We are now a dog family.
No comments:
Post a Comment