


Let it snow! We have had a true South Dakota winter this year with all the snow, sleet, ice and freezing winds that we could ever hope for. But the kids are enjoying it, so who's complaining? We spent New Year's Eve this year at the Dakota Dome, where the kids enjoyed the giant blowup slides and the enormous snake tunnel. They also gave out balloon swords and party hats, which Brennan was determined to wear all night long(the hat, not the sword). On New Year's Day, Jake celebrated his 12th birthday by staying in his pajamas and playing video games all day long. Oh, wait, that's what he's been doing since Christmas. Live it up, buddy, school starts in two more days. Mom made his favorite dinner (pigs in a blanket) and baked an AWESOME birthday cake, and we had ourselves a little party. Grandma sent a flying monkey slingshot that screams in monkey jibberish when you shoot him across the room(well, wouldn't you?). We ended the evening by watching a movie and then yelling at everyone to go to bed. A successful day all in all. Happy New Year!

3 comments:
When did your kids get so big? I can't believe how bid Sadie and Ira are. And Jake, he's just about grown up.
Happy Birthday Jake! (from your slacker aunt) Looks like you are all having lots of fun. I hope I get to see you soon.
Hey! I also watched TV and played on the computer! I'm not a total videogame junkie!
Post a Comment